You might be one of those who ask this question: what is clipping path. This article will help you know what is this clipping path asia is we usually see in most editing programs.
What Is Clipping Path: An Overview
- It is a vector shaped path that enables one part of the image while hiding the other part of it.
- It separates the background (outside part) of a photo and the focus (the subject of the image; inside part) of it.
- It usually enables the editor to separate the inner part of the object from the outer part.
- Clipping path in an image editing software functions as what a mask does in an illustration program.
There are times in our photos that we experience images with low resolution. This is what the clipping path is doing. Although this tool is normally used in knocking the background out of the image, you can still use it in whatever way you want to use it like forming a donut shapes or what.
What Is Clipping Path: Advantages and Disadvantages
Although the clipping path is widely used in editing industry, there are still claims that it brought different effects whether good or bad.
- Though there are alternatives, clipping path is widely used because of the precise result it gives.
- It makes hard edges for every photo.
- The clipping is scalable within the image.
- The use of the clipping path is time consuming as you need to focus on the edges of the photos.
- Not all clipping path users are familiar with the tool.
- There are some alternatives for clipping path.
The features, benefits and the advantages stated above will tell you what is clipping path in editing industry. It helps much in enhancing image resolution and makes it the way you want it to be. When you are in the actual editing you will see what is clipping path and its hidden benefits.